Get a handle on the difference our carbon brush holder makes:
Sometimes the most challenging maintenance problems are solved by an innovative design solution. That’s the beauty of Cutsforth’s EASYchange® Removable Carbon Brush Holder—our unique solution to the challenges of brush changing on generators under load. With our removable brush holder system, you can easily reduce the chance of forced outages, improve personnel safety, increase reliability, extend collector ring length of service and reduce routine maintenance costs. The Cutsforth carbon brush holder replaces most cartridge, plug-in, and magazine style brush rigging. In addition to making online brush changes safer and easier, our “pistol grip” holders prevent common brush and ring problems associated with most OEM style carbon holders. We now have close to 40,000 EASYchange® Removable Carbon Brush Holders installed in plants around the world.
- Replaces most OEM and other aftermarket holders with little modification to existing rigging
- Cutsforth supplies the same grade carbon brush you are currently using
- Replace the brush, inspect & clean the holder safely away from the unit
- Holder’s quality materials & design reduces common maintenance problems
- Retrofits take 1-2 days on most units
- Safely change brushes online to reduce unnecessary, costly downtime
- Integrates with Cutsforth’s Exclusive, Brush Condition Monitoring
Improves safety and ease of use for maintenance personnel. “Rack In–Rack Out” operation removes the carbon brush and holder as a single unit. Removable brush holder allows for in-service brush changes, holder inspection and cleaning.
Addresses common brush holder related problems: arcing, —(see video example>>), brush chatter, photographing (also called imaging, footprinting or ghosting—(see video example>>), discolored shunts, rapid brush wear, brush box erosion, and rings going out of round.
—— MAINTENANCE COSTS
Combats ring damage – including excessive ring wear, rings going out of round, and photographing.
"The product (EASYChange Brush Holder) is the best of its kind that I've seen on the market."
——— A.M., Technical Manager, Northeast US Power Plant